Standards & Curriculum
The Appleton Area School District is passionately committed to student success. Student success means that each student demonstrates productivity in meaningful schoolwork that has personal and societal value.
Provide high-quality instructional programming that meets the diverse cultural backgrounds, educational needs, and individual aspirations of each student.
Support adopted standards and curriculum that lead to student success.
Guidelines for Decision Making
- Inspire students to be life long learners in a vastly changing world
- Bridge the world of the student, the world of the school and the world outside the
- Emphasize exploration and discovery as integral to each student’s school
- Create an environment where students are active and interactive learners
- Develop critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving
- Provide for each student’s individual development
- Convey to each student, “You are important, you can succeed, and we will not
give up on you”
- Expect all students to develop a strong work ethic
- Measure student productivity with appropriate formal and informal assessments
- Provide a safe, caring environment
- Develop curriculum and instructional strategies to meet these guidelines