The Appleton Area School District is committed to protect the privacy of individuals who visit the website and who make use of the on-line facilities.
The policy can be easily accessed via a link at the bottom of each district web page.
The data controller of this website is the Appleton Area School District Technology Department whose office is situated at 120 E. Harris St., Appleton WI.
Information collected and purpose
When you visit our website the following information will automatically be processed and this solely for the use of this association:
- The requested web page or download;
- Whether the request was successful or not;
- The date and time when you accessed the site;
- The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;
- The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
Personal data provided by the data subject
When using this website’s online facilities, for purposes of increasing the quality of our services we will track the following information:
- To improve our website through understanding the type of device and browser you may be utilizing. Thus, we may record your IP address, the operating system of the device you used, and the browser used for your connection.
- To improve our customer service my tracking the searches and the most commonly viewed pages. Thus, we may track the search criteria you entered on our system and the frequency of opened pages.
Your rights as data subject
We do not store any personal data on our systems. Should you contact our web editors about page content, that information will be stored as a means to record requests to improve our system.
Links to other Web Sites
Transaction Security Policy
Our Parent Portal through Infinite Campus uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure secure transmission of your personal data. You should be able to see the padlock symbol in the status bar on the bottom right hand corner of the browser window. The url address will also start with https:// depicting a secure webpage. SSL applies encryption between two points such as your PC and the connecting server. Any data transmitted during the session will be encrypted or scrambled and then decrypted or unscrambled at the receiving end. This will ascertain that data cannot be read during transmission. Please refer to the privacy policies of the Infinite Campus system as to their use of the data: https://www.infinitecampus.com/
Any comments or suggestions that you may have and which may contribute to a better quality of service will be welcome and greatly appreciated.